Textiles cover a range of activities including; Weaving, needle craft, knitting and individual creative design projects.
Textile work enables you to nurture your creative mind as you plan and develop a design prior to the making-process. You will then have the opportunity to consider the progression of your idea and select from the wide range of materials donated by the local community to bring your ideas to life. Your technical skills will begin to develop as you create your textile pieces.
Key Benefits of Textiles:
- Develop design skills
- Develop fine motor skills
- Learn new life skills
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Develop focus and concentration
- Stimulate the senses to promote connection
- Develop a sense of pride and achievement
- Work with a range of materials
- Develop decision-making skills
Sessions run for 3 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon, these can be adapted to meet individual needs. Sessions are run on a group basis.
Join the community
Follow us and stay connected & updated