Acorn Village offers an enjoyable outdoor experience to learn about plant life and develop basic gardening skills from planting to landscaping. Gardening can be exciting, relaxing and stimulating as our senses come alive with the smells, textures and beauty that nature has to offer.
Grow your own produce from seed to vegetables or fruit and take these home with you to enjoy, nothing tastes better than home grown produce especially when you’re sharing it with friends.
This may help:
- Build upon knowledge or learn basic gardening skills
- Increase decision-making and planning skills through selecting seeds to plant and tools to use
- Increase physical and emotional well-being
- Increase sense of purpose and long-term focus from caring for and maintaining the plants and garden
- Gain a sense of achievement and pride as flowers bloom and fruit is harvested
- Increase self-esteem and believe in abilities
- Develop caring and nurturing skills
- Develop awareness of the environment
- Develop a new hobby and meet new people
- Develop a strong work ethic and employability skills
Sessions last between 1 and 3 hours and run throughout the year. They can take place as one-to-one sessions or small group work. Sessions take place either outside in the allotments or in the polytunnels.
To book call 01206 394124 ext:242 or contact AcornWorkshops@acornvillages.com
Join the community
Follow us and stay connected & updated