Training is viewed as paramount to the quality of the service we provide and personal development of staff.
Acorn Training Service became an approved City and Guilds Training Centre in October 2002 and offers staff the opportunity to develop themselves professionally.
Training within Acorn Village is co-ordinated and monitored by Acorn training services. Emphasis is given to a wide variety of training being offered to staff which is relevant to all stages of their personal and professional development. Each member of staff has an individual training plan that identifies their training/development requirements and how these will be met.
In house Training programme
This provides knowledge and practical skills in many subjects relating to meeting the needs of service users within each area, this enables the staff to develop their role in a way that is appropriate to them.
Diploma in Health and Social Care
All members of staff are given the opportunity to gain Level 2 and Level 3 awards that are appropriate to their role. There are a team of qualified Diploma assessors and internal verifiers.
The Care Certificate
In 2015, The Care Certificate was introduced as part of a national review into health and social care services and aims to cover what is required to be caring, giving staff a good basis from which they can further develop their knowledge and skills.
Externally Offered Training Courses
Alongside our in-house training, to aid in raising funds for adults with learning disabilities we offer our training to members of the public, individuals looking to personally develop their skills or organisations and businesses at competitive prices.
- Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) – 1 Day
- First Aid at Work (FAW) – 3 Days – Online & Classroom Options (please contact us for full details)
- First Aid at Work Re-qualification – 2 Days
- Manual Handling – ½ Day
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguarding (DOLS) – 1 Day
- Stress Awareness – ½ Day
- Dementia Awareness – ¾ Day
- Mental Capacity Act – ½ Day
- Inclusive Communication – 1 Day
- Lone Worker – 1/2 Day
- Data Protection (GDPR) – 2 Hours
- Non Abusive Psychological & Physical Intervention (NAPPI) – 1 Day
Join the community
Follow us and stay connected & updated