Have you ever wanted to learn how to sign your name?
One of our very talented supported living tenants has been teaching herself sign language during lockdown and is passing on her skills to all of us.
Follow her very own playlist on Acorn Village’s You Tube Channel don’t forget to check out the rest of the Acorn Village videos on there too including audiobooks, raps and Acorn songs.
Acorn’s in Bloom
Nuturing their sunflower’s during lockdown the time came for the final measurements.
Every house had been given a sunflower by the gardening team and there were some real beauties but the final winner was….
To celebrate the slight easing of lockdown we had our first socially distanced village BBQ at Acorn Village for those who were able and wanted to join in. It was so lovely for everyone to have a safe get together during these still challenging times.
Well it’s not quite the Celebration we were planning back in January….
Thoughts of Balls, 45 days of events, 45 supporters to come and join our party…..
We have however put our heads together and come up with 45 ways you may like to help celebrate the incredible work happening on a daily basis to help support adults with learning disabilities.
Thanks to support from people like you, we have spent the last 45 years making ‘Life is for Living’ for all.
Find out about all the recent differences you have made through the Impact Report on our website.
45 ways you can help Celebrate 45 years of Acorn Village during the Covid 19 pandemic
– Choose Adults with learning disabilities as your chosen charity for friends to support on your birthday
– Buy something from the Acorn Charity Shop in Manningtree
– Put your spare change into the collection pot in the shop
– Make an online donation (see below)
– Set up a monthly donation
– Buy something from Acorn’s e-bay page (User:AcornVillageCharity)
– Select Acorn Village as your Easyfundraising charity
– Select Acorn Village if you play the Essex Lottery
– Tell others about Acorn Village and the need for support
– Like our Facebook page
– Follow our Twitter account @AcornVillages
– Follow our Instagram account AcornVillageCharity
– Follow us on Youtube – Acorn Village Charity
– Donate some great saleable items to the Manningtree Shop (we now take donations on a Monday from this week)
– Do a sponsored walk
– Do a sponsored swim
– Bake cakes for people with the profits going to Acorn Village
– Do some gardening for someone and ask them to make a donation to Acorn Village
– Do 45miles of horse-riding, cycling, walking, running by the end of the year
– Buy Vinyl from our online shop (https://www.discogs.com/seller/Acornvillagemusic/profile) or (https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/acornvinylrecords?_trksid=p2047675.l2559)
– Sell items with a percentage coming to AcornVillageCharity on Ebay
– Ask your company if they support payroll giving and sign up
– Hold an online quiz
– Create a socially distanced cinema experience for 6 of you
– Know a company, ask if they would consider supporting adults with learning disabilities whether it’s financially or using their skills
– Create a fun calendar to sell or even a slightly saucy one at your workplace
– Hold your own dance-athon, we did one last year and it’s great fun
– Create a scavenger hunt for your family
– Hold a socially distanced dinner party for 6, guests pay what they think it’s worth (!)
– Do a jumble sale outside your house
– Shave your head if you’re brave enough
– Do an arts and craft online lesson
– Give up your beloved chocolate/alcohol/cigarettes and get sponsored
– Do an online variety show with the kids
– Zoom karaoke anyone?
– Get sponsored to sit in Fancy dress for the day, going to the shops, walking the dog, picking up the kids from school, you might be very glad of that mask!!!
– Do a family challenge, have you always wanted to climb Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike or Snowdon or even all three???
– Give something up and donate the money instead, those weekly takeaways? Missing one or two can make a big difference to the lives of adults with learning disabilities
– Sponsored eating challenge… how many hotdogs can you eat in 2minutes…. Sponsor per hotdog!!!
– After that you’re going to need a sponsored Spin or other exercise class
– Get creative, paint or make something to sell with profits to Acorn Village
– Sell something on Facebook selling page with profits to Acorn Village
– Do a clothes swap with your same size friends (leaving the items for 72hrs before putting them on) – money to Acorn Village and a new wardrobe!
– Hate those 5ps?? We’ll take them off your hands. Save them up for a year and drop them into the charity shop
– Hold a games night whether virtually or with 5 others.
Via paypal: https://www.paypal.com/gb/fundraiser/charity/30486
Via Givey: https://www.givey.com/acornvillage
Via Just Giving: https://www.justgiving.com/acornvillagesltd
Texts cost £3 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £3 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text HELPACORNNOINFO to 70450.